- Functional testing of the site
- Performance testing
- Site security testing
- Site usability and usability test
- Make load testing
- Site vulnerability testing
- Get the exact price — fill in ↓
|Functional testing of the site||from 20000 $|
|Usability testing||from 10000 $|
|Performance testing||from 10000 $|
|User interface testing||from $ 5000|
|Testing security site||from $ 50,000|
Fill out the form — get the exact price:
Since 2013, we have been helping our clients to develop their business on the Internet.
Site testing — usability, functional, technical, security, load
Space-site is ready to tell you how to conduct from 20,000 $. We will tell you about the main methods of testing the web-resource and will pass the check-list of the web-resource testing. If you do everything correctly, you will get a real picture of the site's readiness for launch.
Why is it necessary, rules and features
Testing site — this is the final step in the development of any site. It is important, because it is important to create quality software. Only after testing, the customer gets a fully operational resource. It will not contain errors, difficulties with readability. Also, the site will be convenient, reliable and will be easily perceived.
There are a number of rules for testing, which will show the user the logic of the site, simplicity, ease and availability of the information submitted on it.
The time it takes to check depends on the complexity of the resource. The more complex it is, the more time it takes. There are such specific projects for which 50% of the budget and development time is spent on testing.
In order to perform the testing correctly, it is necessary to develop a methodology by which all the necessary steps will be carried out. Actually, testing can be carried out in different ways, the main thing is not to forget about the process and strategy. This affects the sequence of actions.
Well, now it's worth considering the main testing steps you need to go through. This:
- Testing documentation.
- Functional testing of the site.
- Check usability.
- User interface testing.
- Compatibility testing or configuration testing.
- Performance testing.
- Security testing.
- Testing related to changes.
- Testing the mobile version of the resource.
Each of these steps is described in detail below.
This is a kind of preparatory stage, in the process of implementation of which it is necessary to analyze the documentation. The tester studies the received documents — in the process of analyzing the functionality of the resource, preparing a follow-up action plan. At this step, the main artifacts related to the process are evaluated:
- Test plan.
- Test cases.
- Conformity Matrix.
The main task of the resource is to check whether each function of the resource works as required by the specifics of the site. That is, functionality testing answers the question "What does the system do? At this stage, you should resort to creating a checklist to check functionality.
We need to check:
- Outcoming references.
- Correctness of internal references.
- Absence of links leading to one page.
- Links used to send emails to site administrators.
- Pages linked to.
- Lack of broken references.
Form testing for all pages
If forms are used to help you communicate interactively with customers. The following details are important:
- Input data validity.
- Permissible values in data fields.
- Inapplicable values for the data field.
- What form parameters can be deleted or otherwise modified.
Cookies are small files stored on a user's PC after visiting your web resource. Here you should pay attention to:
- Check the site with cookies. enabled and disabled
- Ensure that such files are encrypted before they reach the user's PC.
- Check security aspects of removing cookies.
- For cookies with a duration of validity: checking activity over a given period of time.
There you should pay attention:
- HTML. Syntax errors
- Check resource availability for search bots.
- Make sure the page has an accurate HTML and XML. site map
Functionality testing is convenient with the following resources:
- Selentium, Linux Test Project — manual testing is performed here.
- Browserstack — manual or automated.
- Usernap — manual.
Useability or usability
Uzability testing pursues the main task — to evaluate the convenience of the page from the point of view of the resource's visitor. Due to a number of checks it is possible to understand whether the resource meets the expectations of the user, helps to identify problem areas.
Navigation testing includes:
- Check all pages of the site for clarity and ease of use.
- Control of buttons, forms, fields and their convenience for visitors.
- Check access to the main menu. Does it open from all pages of the site.
Time list when testing content:
- Absence of errors: grammar and spelling.
- Correspondence of the image to the sizes, absence of blurred images.
- Check resource color palette optimization, font size for each material.
- Comprehensibility, consistency, structured content. All materials must be logically linked to each other.
- All instructions offered to visitors are clear and contain correct and up-to-date information.
The last step is user-friendliness. To understand the extent to which the site is user-friendly, you need to find answers to the following questions:
- Comfortable and understandable site?
- Comfort for the visitor navigation?
- What's the user's impression?
- Are there unnecessary, inappropriate things?
To test usability you should use User Zoom, Reflector, Loop.
User interface testing or UI testing
This test helps to check if the graphical user interface of your website meets the specifications. Important checklist details:
- If it meets the standards for graphical interfaces.
- It is necessary to carry out estimations of components of design: a breadboard model, fonts and their size, colour, labels, titles, buttons, lists, icons, text fields, text formatting, references.
- Check different screen resolutions.
- Localization check of versions. Here you should perform a translation accuracy test, check the length of interface element names.
- Control graphical user interface on target devices — smartphones and tablets.
The following tools are useful here — FitNess, iMacros, Jubula, LoadUI.
Configuration testing or compatibility check
This test is necessary to control the correctness of the site in different software and hardware configurations, such as:
- Configuration of OS.
- Database configuration.
- Browser configuration.
- Cross-platform testing of the site. It will help to evaluate the work of the resource on different operating systems. And it concerns both desktop and mobile versions.
- Cross-browser testing will help to evaluate the correctness of the resource for different browser configurations.
- Database testing. It is carried out for the purpose of maintenance of correct work of a site at different configurations of databases.
It is worth mentioning in the test plan the compatibility of the print option. This parameter has a value:
- Check the correctness of printing fonts, page alignment, graphic items.
- Check that all pages in the resource match the paper size defined in the print options.
You can use BrowserStack, CrossBrowzerTesting by Smart Bear, Litmus, Browsera,Ghostlab.
to control all the specified moments
It is designed to determine the efficiency of the system, as well as its stability under a certain load. The site must be able to withstand high loads and whether it can do so should be determined during the test. The method includes the following steps:
- Testing resource behavior at and above the expected workload level. This is so-called stress testing.
- Burden test. Function check under increased working load.
- Stability Testing — will help you learn the ability to work for a little more than an acceptable period.
- The volumetric test. Helps to check the performance of the site when increasing the volume of databases.
- Testing of parallelism. Helps to understand how a site will behave if many visitors are logged in at the same time.
- Standardness test — will determine the behavior of the site at continuous additional load.
- The last important thing is the page load speed test.
Apache JMeter, HP LoadRunner, WebLOAD, Gatling.
for all this
This test is necessary to check the security data system and functionality support. There are 2 methods for this. The first is to simulate a malicious source attack. This will help you evaluate your site's security level or perform a penetration test.
Vulnerability test is the second option. It allows you to evaluate the full scope of risks involved.
Problematic checks for the security test:
- Making sure that unauthorized access to protected pages is not possible.
- Automatically stop checking sessions for long periods of inactivity.
- Testing SSL. security function
- Register all hacking attempts, error messages. All this should be saved in a separate file for further analysis by the administrator.
- Check captcha using automatic scripts.
- Check whether restricted files are downloaded without permission.
- Check if there is a possibility of logging in if the user's password and login are incorrect.
Easy tools to test these parameters — Retina CS, Community, Veracode, SQL Map.
Testing related to changes
There are two objectives:
- Check or confirm testing. Their task is to make sure that the found bugs are successfully fixed. That is, to put it simply, you need to run all the cases where the problems were found and this time the processes should be performed without any problems.
- Regression testing. It will help to make sure that new bugs appear after the changes are made. Thus, the check of test cases with previously detected bugs will include cases that check all the functions of the resource.
Professional helpers: Selenium, TestComplete, TestDrive, SoapUI.
Testing the mobile version of the site
As already clear, some of the proposed tests affected the mobile version of the resource. But today, the number of users who are watching sites from a mobile device is growing very rapidly. That's why it's important to have an adaptable version of your site for these devices and users.
- Check compatibility with smartphones, tablets.
- Test whether navigation is convenient and simple.
- Optimize page loading time.
- Check whether all the buttons are the right size to be pressed by visitors of any finger size.
- Adjust the size of all images.
- There's no need to use pop-ups and Flash.
- Markers and short sentences should be used.
- Check whether the contact number dialling is available in one click.
- Make sure the site can access your location via GPS.
The following tools are helpful — BrowserStack, Windows Phone Emulator, Google Page Speed Online.
This is the final stage of testing. This step is taken by the end users who are not employees of the company. Beta-testing is about getting into the hands of real users. At this stage we manage to detect all the shortcomings from their point of view.
Site Testing Cost — Price 2021
|Site testing price||Price |
|Hungry testing||from 5000 $|
|Uzability testing||from 3000 $|
|Performance testing||from 4000 $|